Mosquito, Flea and Tick Control
Mosquito, Flea & Tick Control Services For Your Tulsa, OK, Home
Do you feel like you’re fighting a losing battle against mosquitos, fleas, and ticks, and that your family and pets are suffering the consequences? If so, Lawn Guard is ready to provide the mosquito, flea, and tick control services your home desperately needs. We’re pest control and lawn care specialists serving homeowners in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and throughout Eastern Oklahoma. We’re confident we can develop a treatment plan that will end your issues and transform your property into a pest-free oasis.
Why Is Mosquito, Flea & Tick Control Important?
Mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks carry diseases that can cause serious short-term and long-term issues for you, your family, and your friends. Some of the more common issues caused by mosquito, flea, and tick bites include:
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever
- Lyme disease
- West Nile virus
- Heartland virus
- Iron deficiency
- Allergy dermatitis
Our Treatment Services
We provide mosquito, flea, and tick control packages that can be customized to fit your specific needs. Our team will start by visiting your property to perform a comprehensive assessment to determine the extent of your issues. Next, we’ll suggest a treatment plan that includes initial and follow-up steps designed to provide a long-term solution. Our services may include perimeter pest control, grub control, and other options.
Our Pest Guard treatment services will eradicate:
Oklahoma is home to more than 60 mosquito species, some of which prefer cooler temperatures while others like warmer temperatures. They become active in March and remain through the first frost in November, with most activity occurring between April and June. The weather greatly influences the mosquito population, as they enjoy Oklahoma’s temperatures and humidity. They are especially active following rain.
Fleas thrive in warm and humid weather and are a year-round issue for pets. Millions of dollars are spent every year on flea control—a reflection of the scope of the problem. Did you know:
- Flea eggs hatch between one and 10 days after they are laid
- Flea larvae mature in five to12 days
- Fleas can start laying eggs within 10 seconds after landing on a host
- A female adult can lay 2,000 eggs in her lifetime
- An adult female can live about 100 days
- Larvae can stay in a cocoon stage for approximately six months while waiting for the right conditions to emerge
- A new batch of fleas becomes active about every one to two weeks
- It is more cost-effective to prevent flea infestations than it is to remove fleas after they arrive
There are currently seven species of ticks in Oklahoma. They spread diseases that can cause symptoms within three to 14 days after a bite. These diseases can cause temporary discomfort, severe life-long symptoms, or even death. Additionally, ticks:
- Can range in size from a pinhead to a pencil eraser
- Are closely related to spiders
- Can have soft or hard shells
- Can change host with each feeding life stage
- Can reach adulthood in 45 days and can live for years
- Can survive two years in the larval and nymphal stages without feeding
- Can go from egg to adult in three months, but most require at least one year
- Lay 9-12,000 eggs, depending on the species
Offering an Economical Solution
In 2023, Lawn Guard combined our mosquito control and flea and tick control programs and lowered the price to benefit our customers. This change means you can protect your loved ones and save money at the same time!
Learn More Today
Enjoy your yard without having to suffer biting and stinging insects that can turn a fun adventure into a menacing ordeal. Contact Lawn Guard today to schedule a no-obligation consultation at your home in Tulsa or another Eastern OK, community. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have about our moquito, flea, and tick control services.